Ruben Perez-Carrasco, Casper Beentjes, Ramon Grima, "Effects of cell cycle variability on lineage and population measurements of messenger RNA abundance." Journal of The Royal Society Interface 17 (168), 20200360 (2020).
Curriculum Vitae PDF
(last updated 14 July 2020)
- DPhil in Mathematics, University of Oxford, 2020
- MSc in Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing, University of Oxford, 2015
- BSc in Mathematics, Leiden University, 2014
- BSc in Physics, Leiden University, 2014
- April 2020 - current: Postdoctoral Research Assistant (Computational Stochastics)
- Mathematical Institute, Universtiy of Oxford
- Summer 2019: Intern
- OxFORD Asset Management
Exact solution of stochastic gene expression models with bursting, cell cycle and replication dynamics
Casper Beentjes, Ruben Perez-Carrasco, Ramon Grima, "Exact solution of stochastic gene expression models with bursting, cell cycle and replication dynamics." Physical Review E 101 (3), 032403 (2020).
C. Beentjes, J. Taylor-King, A. Bayani, C. Davis, J. Dunster, S. Jabbari, G. Mirams, C. Jenkinson, M. Kilby, M. Hewison, J. Tamblyn, "Defining vitamin D status using multi-metabolite mathematical modelling: A pregnancy perspective." The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 190, 152-160 (2019).
Casper Beentjes, Ruth Baker, "Quasi-Monte Carlo methods applied to tau-leaping in stochastic biological systems." Bulletin of Mathematical Biology 81 (8), 2931-2959 (2019).
Casper Beentjes, Ruth Baker, "Uniformization techniques for stochastic simulation of chemical reaction networks." The Journal of Chemical Physics 150 (15), 154107 (2019).
Patrick Farrell, Casper Beentjes, Ásgeir Birkisson, "The computation of disconnected bifurcation diagrams." arXiv:1603.00809 [math.NA].
Workshop and conference proceedings
Stuart Johnston, Christopher Angstmann, Satya Arjunan, Casper Beentjes, Adrien Coulier, Samuel Isaacson, Ash Khan, Karen Lipkow, Steven Andrews, "Accurate particle-based reaction algorithms for fixed timestep simulators." 2018 MATRIX Annals (2020).
Casper Beentjes, Alessandro Bucchianico, Christian Hamster, Ajinkya Kadu, Irene Man, Keith Myerscough, Marta Regis, Omar Richardson, "Equalizing the cost of health insurance." Scientific Proceedings of the 126th European Study Group with Industry (2017).
Talk at SMB annual meeting, Sydney, Australia
Talk at ECMTB/SMB annual meeting, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Poster at SIAM Student Conference, Oxford, United Kingdom
Poster at workshop Multiscale methods for stochastic dynamical systems in biology, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Undergraduate level (1st and 2nd year) at Trinity College, Oxford
Undergraduate level (1st year) at Balliol College, Oxford
Undergraduate level (3rd year) at Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford
Undergraduate level (2nd year) at New College, Oxford
Undergraduate level (3rd year) at Lincoln College, Oxford
Undergraduate level (1st and 3rd year) and postgraduate level at Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford
Undergraduate level (1st and 2nd year) at Leiden University
- UK MultiScale Biology network collaborative support award (£1000), 2017
- Landahl travel grant (recognises excellence in mathematical biology), Society for Mathematical Biology, 2018
- MSc Prize for excellence (top student in the MSc in Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing), University of Oxford, 2015
- Clarendon Scholarship, 2015-2019
- New College Graduate Scholarship, 2015-2018
- VSB Fonds Scholarship, 2014-2015
- Stichting dr. Hendrik Muller’s Vaderlandsch Fonds Scholarship, 2014-2015
- Genootschap van Noorthey Scholarship, 2014-2015